The Lutheran Academy was founded in 1998 by Concordia Lutheran Church. Over the course of the first twelve years, the school operated out of two different Lutheran Church buildings on the west end of Allentown.
As the first principal, Christine Leonard was instrumental in helping Pastor Ray Malec, of Concordia Lutheran, start the school. She continued as principal for more than ten years. Pastor Malec remains closely involved in the school and serves on the school board. He is present on campus during the school week and leads weekly chapel services.
In 2010 the school moved to it’s current location--a brand new building designed specifically as a school and located on 50 beautiful acres in the country. That same year, Lehigh Valley Lutheran School merged with The Lutheran Academy.
The Lutheran Academy is currently the only Lutheran School in the Lehigh Valley. As a school sponsored and supported by Concordia Lutheran Church, it operates in the 150 year tradition of education of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). As one of 1200 Lutheran elementary schools in the LCMS system, The Lutheran Academy is backed by the expertise and resources of the largest Protestant school system in the United States.
Since its inception, The Lutheran Academy has always included students from across the Lehigh Valley and has always welcomed students from a range of Christian and non-Christian religious backgrounds.
Megan Crume serves as the school's principal and is dedicated to providing a superior education in a Christian environment.